Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot’s offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength, speed, and intelligence -- financial and otherwise. We aim to innovate and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. Our team contains experts from fields like tax and treasury, travel and purchasing, FP&A, and more. If we’re not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in finance.
As Tax Manager, reporting to the Tax Director of Planning and Provision, you will be an indispensable member of the Finance team, managing tax compliance and provision projects, researching cutting edge tax issues, and helping with other tax initiatives to aid Riot as we grow to serve more players. Your extensive accounting background, intrinsic motivation, passion for teamwork and experience partnering with global companies will be essential to the success of the finance group and Riot as a whole.
- Manage tax compliance projects including income, sales, and property tax
- Manage tax provision computations on a monthly and annual basis
- Align with the global tax team on tax priorities and strategic goals
- Guide special projects including research & development credits, state incentives, and tax controversy
- Oversee and partner with Riot’s US tax advisers on a variety of tax issues
- Collaborate with other finance groups such as Accounting and FP&A to achieve results for Riot and the tax team
- BA in Finance, Accounting, or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting or relevant industry experience
- Proven experience with tax provisions/compliance
- CPA or JD preferred
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.