Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Game SME, you will act as a bridge between Players and Riot regarding all gameplay communication efforts. You will proactively deliver our thoughts on gameplay and changes we make for our players with meaningful context. You will be responsible for monitoring the discussion among players regarding gameplay, collect their feedback, and relay to stakeholders within Riot to make meaningful changes that will benefit our players and the game itself. You will also create plans and come up with strategies to increase the activity and usefulness of game communities.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Experience: you ideally have 2-3 years in this area, although recent graduates new to the job market are also encouraged to apply.
- English speaker (Bilingual): you’re fluent in Korean and English with the context to understand and interpret both cultures.
- A community-focused gamer: as a core gamer, you’re already chest-deep in the community, so your player-focused mentality drives your concerns as well as all the communication efforts.
- Player-focused: you’re a player yourself, and you know all the ins and outs of gaming in Korea; you’re ready to put your extensive gaming experience and are skilled at gameplay itself to some level as well.
- Crazy for games: one thing you are going to do when you have time will be playing games. You are deeply engaged with gameplay, and should possess in-depth knowledge about the game development as well as overall elements that surround a game. (e.g. lore, art, game music etc.)
- Strong communicator: your knowledge of games and passion towards games can be harnessed as great talents for a gameplay SME only when you have the right communication skills to express them to your audience. You should be able to communicate in a variety of ways through various channels in ways that are most appropriate to the audience.
- Player facing communication
- Deliver and describe in detail about the game features and changes within the products of Riot.
- Host productive discussion and conversation with players in social media and game communities.
- Collect questions and feedback from players and return them detailed answers from key developers of Riot.
- Create patch note contents and lead overall player communications.
- Internal communication with core gameplay team
- Increase player satisfaction regarding gameplay balance of Riot products.
- Collect and deliver feedback from players and deliver to the core gameplay team within Riot in order to improve overall player satisfaction and game health.
- Periodically and proactively discuss with the core gameplay team regarding the game design to keep up-to-date with development status of Riot products.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.