Director of Finance (International)
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
As International Finance Director, you’ll lead Riot’s International Finance team based in Dublin , drawing on your substantial experience to build scalable systems that keep up with a company that’s extremely dynamic and undergoing constant evolution. You will report to the country manager in Dublin and collaborate closely with our central teams in LA. You’ll work with external partners and leaders throughout Riot to guide important financial decisions. You’ll also mentor team members, refine reporting processes and foster a culture of continuous improvement, complete with systems for measuring and recognizing success.
- Oversee Riot Games’ International Finance operations including internal control systems, transactions-processing, procedures, general ledger and revenue accounting, international tax and FP&A; oversee the submission of financial info conforming to IFRS, US GAAP and local / statutory needs across multiple international entities.
- Provide leadership in the global finance organization and collaborate with Riot Games HQ around change management, process improvement, scaling finance, globally, tax compliance and strategy
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of senior finance professionals and managers across Accounting, Tax and FP&A
- Play a key role in the Dublin leadership team and contribute to Riot’s commercial and strategic long-term plans
- Be ‘one of the team’, hands-on in a player-first dynamic and inclusive culture
- You are working at Finance Director level and have at least 10 years of accounting, tax and FP&A experience, preferably for multinational companies filled with techie, gamer types like us
- You have Bachelor’s or Masters degree and you are a qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent)
- You’re familiar with the challenges of operating in a global organization dealing with international accounting and tax practices managing multiple entities in several countries across Europe
- You have excellent craft knowledge and experience working across Accounting, FP&A and Tax
- You have experience building successful Finance teams in a growing, ever-evolving organization; You are comfortable managing managers and enjoy developing and mentoring your team
- You’re easy to get along with, and work with any personality type you might run into on the studio floor
- You’re an Excel pro and have used ERP systems to manage account information
- You know all the ins and outs of international and domestic accounting standards and tax codes, and navigate IFRS, GAAP and SOX compliance regulations
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.