Senior Software Engineer - League of Legends, Build & Deploy
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the League Build and Deploy team, you'll report into the team's Engineering Manager. You'll collaborate with your team to manage the fundamental core of how League of Legends develops and operates the game. You'll support the pipelines and processes to build and deploy the game that touch nearly every team within the League of Legends organization. In addition to implementing new service features, you will also be focused on building systems and tools to make the services easier to operate. This includes databases, queues, several essential microservices, caches, telemetry systems, and reporting tools.
- Write code and author architectural design documents
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Develop/test/deploy/maintain platforms and microservices
- Work on build and deployment tools for all of League of Legends
- Participate in interviewing, and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- 6+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Go, Python, C#
- Knowledge of concurrency primitives
- Experience with sustaining and maintaining web services coupled with handling emergent and on-call issues
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers and coaching less experienced developers from other disciplines
- Experience developing large systems from scratch
- Experience contributing to software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
- Interest or depth in infrastructure, tools and automation
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Have been responsible for design, delivery, or operations of large-scale web services consisting of horizontally scaled endpoints, microservices, and containers or VMs
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).