Software Engineer, Services - Unpublished Tactical FPS
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). As a Software Engineer on the team you will build scalable backend services for the game. You'll help set the technical direction for how all Project A services are built, scale and are operated. You’ll also set technical direction and drive the team towards building, and eventually supporting, live services for Project as we move through production and into players hands. You will report to the Engineering Manager for the team.
- Develop large-scale backend services to support millions of players
- Build features to improve server reliability and performance
- Implement server infrastructure to support new gameplay features
- Build and support live services for the game
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS
- Collaborate with technical leaders from other teams to gather requirements and design/implement service framework improvements
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- 3+ years of experience building large-scale backend systems or game services
- Experience integrating with relational databases
- Experience working on backend services
- Experience building game services for a AAA game launch
- Experience working with Golang
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).