QA Manager - League, Gameplay
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a QA Manager, you will own the QA process for a large team, including people, process, and support for ongoing game development. You will also work with scrum masters, producers, and other leaders from teams across Riot to craft and execute the Test Strategy that will help reach high-quality results. Additionally, you will partner with teams to arrive at better, more-efficient solutions to everyday problems and streamline delivery; support the QA Discipline leadership and help inform the long-term vision of Riot Games Quality Assurance. You will also lead vendors in performing black box testing on features that need additional support. Lastly, it is also meaningful to mentor and grow the QA Leads and Specialist in charge of individual aspects of a Product, guiding them to produce new leaders in turn
As a QA Manager on the Gameplay Initiative, you will report into the Senior QA Manager for League of Legends. You will craft the test strategy across multiple teams and products. You will oversee the development of the test strategy including staffing and risk analysis. You will find ways to deploy QA practices outward to multiple external parties to provide the highest quality products. You will partner with leadership from all disciplines to build quality into our products from the earliest phases of the project through their release.
- Manage humans; ensure they are working well with partners (internal and external), are completing tasks, and are working on growth and development.
- Relationship building; create collaboration systems that function across multiple organizations. and that drive test execution and ensure positive, forward progress.
- Focus on player; support the team in their commitment to representing player’s concerns at the product level and set clear quality expectations.
- Holistic test planning; develop the quality strategy for scope; include hiring and staffing quality professionals onsite (Rioters) and remote (partners). Include technology solutions as part of a comprehensive plan. You will improve with teams as a consultant.
- Risk planning; help identify and assess identified product risks with product leadership to ensure mitigation steps are taken to guarantee a high-quality product delivery.
- Improvement; develop practices and processes to increase the efficiency and efficacy of product development to ensure the delivery of high-quality player value. Improve recruiting through knowledge sharing. Lead industry talks; Represent Riot QA externally.
- People-management; 1+ years experience with both performance management and staffing accountability
- 5+ years QA experience with Bachelor’s or higher degree
- Experience working on multi-platform products
- Broad Quality Management experience: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
- Proficient in Test Strategy, Planning, and Design
- Nuanced understanding of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Availability to travel overseas up to 3 times per year
- Licenses/certifications: ISTQB Foundation Level
- Extensive experience working on games as a service products or triple A games
- Experience working on first party technical/compliance requirements.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).