Operations Manager - Creative & IP Development
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Production works together as part of the giant central nervous system that includes nearly everyone at Riot. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs. We’re interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
As an Operations Manager you will report to the Head of Riots new business within IP Creative. You will develop the operational strategy for the department, driving “how” we work across the team. You’re passionate about understanding and improving the efficiency of the team and the processes we use to ensure we are set up for success and can achieve our goals. You work with the Executive Producer to ensure the approach to work on the business is well-defined, that our systems are followed, and that we are happy and effective.
As Operations Manager within the Intellectual Property & Creative (IP&C) group you work with the team to guarantee our portfolio of games are high-quality and fun for players. You will manage the publishing operations within the team to ensure our processes are efficient. You will oversee the portfolio from an operations perspective focusing on how we build so that we are thoughtful publishing partners to our developers.
- You will work with the Executive Producer and the team to ensure we perform and have the appropriate work systems, process and planning in place to achieve our goals
- Develop and arrange rituals for the team to ensure we are functional and can fulfill on our commitments
- Ensure the team are collaborating including celebrating successes and learning from failures.
- Developing systems to ensure problems with delivery are quickly diagnosed and addressed.
- Partner with EP and Talent organization to ensure that Riot’s talent processes are implemented on the team
- Create a psychologically safe and, healthy feedback culture, ensuring that conflicts within and between teams are resolved
- Analyze and reduce business and Portfolio risks
- Experience creating the P&L for the business. This also includes managing budgets, revenue and forecasting
- Administer operational processes including team drive, contracts, payments and team travel
- At least 6 years experience in development, project management and business operations experience in games or similar industry
- You have experience overseeing operations and executing “how” a business runs
- Knowledge and experience in development methodologies and their application (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Manage a portfolio of products and the road map
- Experience in the development, operation, and improvement of systems appropriate to the outputs of the team
- Experience developing and changing frameworks and processes to improve team effectiveness.
- An expert facilitator who can encourage collaboration
- Experience in game development and publishing
- Success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues and external partners
- Experience in contracts and payment systems
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).