Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As an Associate Counsel (Brazil), you’ll be the trusted legal eagle, managing and working on several intriguing legal matters, including labor and employment-related claims, consumer complaints, data protection questions, IP issues and others from São Paulo office.
Your legal skills and high-octane brain power will fuel your knack for answering tough questions. You will face down known and unknown legal challenges. You'll offer solid advice to fellow Rioters and help iron out any encroaching legal and regulatory wrinkles and spring into action if alarm bells ring.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, partnership, licensing and publishing agreements and our IT/IP arrangements, formatting documents and following up deadlines on time;
- Manage external work, its quality, greasing the wheels of Riot's relationships with specialized outside counsel;
- Anticipate and consider all angles of an issue or opportunity to explore, regards to tax and labor laws, consumer rights, data protection, besides Esports regulatory and commercial matters;
- Monitor and advise about global and local authorities regulations and laws changes which may affect Riot’s business in Brazil, sharing recommendations and actions with the global Legal team;
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to relevant parties;
- Advise and report to legal leadership, charting the course for big projects and long-term tactics. Likewise, act as a bridge between the Brazilian office and our International Legal team, communicating requests and refining feedback;
- You have a law degree, preferably from a top-tier law school, and passed the bar in the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB) to practice law in Brazil;
- 8 years of transactional contract experience from a reputable, preferably multinational, law firm or corporation, and are comfortable working on commercial contracts, employment law issues, corporate governance matters, Esports legal questions, licensing agreements, etc. Games, Tech, Corporate or Entertainment industry experience is a plus.
- A people person: you put a premium on growing relationships; you’re able to collaborate with personalities ranging from Type A to Type Z and everyone in between;
- Critical thinker: you can think ahead, weighting different angles and information before to advise and act towards the most appropriate option to address a solution;
- A detail detective: you’re aware that in law, everything can hinge on one overlooked triviality; you meticulously comb through every detail, letting no discrepancy, minutia, or legal loophole escape your ever-watchful eye;
- Communication ace: you feel comfortable communicating in English; you didn't learn the language in a cultural vacuum and are well versed in nuance; you can draft, review, and negotiate legal contracts and complex legal concepts in English;
- Judicious: your experience and sound judgment (especially in the midst of uncertainty), make you a go-to resource when folks need advice; your decisions are built on a foundation of intel, so you know they'll hold up during a storm even when the wind's blowing sideways;
- Can multitask and work autonomously: you can pivot from one project to another and can determine what is important and pressing. You don’t sit around awaiting orders, you’re your own self-manager; you’re organized with orientations for results.
- Medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, children and pet;
- Meal voucher and office catering;
- Open paid time off;
- Retirement benefits with company matching;
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability;
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.