Senior Social Strategist, Esports
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major League of Legends competitive international tournaments, defining global policies for the sport, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional leagues. We aspire to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
For Publishing, having a player-focused mindset is important; we’re not here to be the center of attention. The team includes people with a wide array of experiences, from veterans to green rookies, who all share a love of gaming and the belief we can always grow and improve in our craft. A chief edict at Riot is to ensure the exterior our players and partners see is matched by how we see ourselves. We expect our Publishing teams to exemplify that spirit in all they do, and to empower and inspire Rioters at all levels to craft the best player experience possible.
Senior Social Strategist - Global Esports
As Senior Social Strategist, reporting into the Global Head of Communications for Esports, you'll keep Riot's social media game on point by developing plans, supporting efforts, and rollout execution. You'll uphold best practices, working within Riot’s global social ecosystem, and tools to shepherd the dankness of our memes across multiple products and regional and global teams. You'll participate in a community of practice around social media, ensuring we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players on Riot's and our players' social channels.
- Demonstrate strategic insight to develop long-term global global execution plans, seamlessly translating our goals into social media objectives
- Own multiple global social channels for our team and manage communities with a players-first mindset
- Develop an RFP and identify and secure agency support; work with our internal creative team, internal social media team, and external agency/agencies to develop content
- Work across the entire organization to determine integrated objectives and plans, both ongoing and at the campaign level - from ideation to execution
- Work with our esports leagues around the world to support and amplify their social media efforts, provide strategic counsel, and design a coordinated effort for our players, fans, and followers
- Identify and assess existing trends, opportunities, formats, audiences, storytelling platforms and more, and determine when and how we will use them
- Solve challenges before/after regular business hours, when needed
- Optimize and report on campaigns, identifying needed adjustments
- At least 5-7 years in social or digital media, at an agency or in-house
- Proficient in social media tools, platforms, and software (Spredfast, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Global experience working at an international HQ or across different countries/markets. Also required is market sensitivity, cultural curiosity and understanding, differences in localization, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of esports or experience working in esports, and in particular League of Legends (organization, leagues, partners, agencies, teams, etc.).
- Experience growing content pipelines (in-house and external/agency)
- Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least one other language would be a plus
- Undergraduate degree
- Hands-on and strategic experience in social media/digital/PR/communications
- Experience working in social media in sports, ideally global sports
- Experience overseeing, optimizing, and building social media budgets across multiple platforms
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!))
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.