Anti-Cheat Analyst - Information Security
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot Anti-Cheat Analysts are knowledgeable in several different areas. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop robust game security capabilities which help protect the competitive experience. We relish the chance to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to protect the competitive experience that our Players build.
As an Anti-Cheat Analyst, you’ll dive head-first into our vast pools of data captured around those that have been caught cheating, and develop well-constructed insights to help Rioters make more player-focused decisions. You’ll provide a unique voice by using your analytical skills to translate cheating behavior into narratives to inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on Riot’s mission to protect competitive integrity.
- Turn investigations into a diverse range of anti-cheat solutions targeted at keeping Players safe
- Analyze, test and evaluate cheats and exploits from a variety of sources including 3rd party applications and game infrastructure
- Conduct proactive intelligence gathering to uncover cheating groups that present risks to the player experience, and identify their capabilities
- Produce and deliver actionable analysis of your findings
- Experience with investigation and case management
- Experience using SQL, Python, or Java
- Knowledge of reverse engineering cheating applications and tooling
- Knowledge of cheating software & communities
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).