Technical Product Manager - Live Services
Product Managers reside within the Production discipline at Riot Games and help lead the vision of individual products across the finish line. They are involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, a new game mode for League of Legends, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs.
Content Access Hub team is focused on building and enhancing foundational services that power the virtual economy of League of Legends and beyond. This includes highly available and truly global (including China) player inventory and entitlements data, store catalog data, virtual wallet and other services that power game features such as Store, Loot and other “inventory aware” player facing features. As the technical product leader of the Content Access Hub team, you will guide evolution of existing services that govern player-to-game-content relationship, expanding those services to support new use cases such as battlepass features and improving overall developer experience for Rioters developing their features based on content access APIs. You will help onboard and engage new customers and partners that are only starting to use content access systems and will ensure they are set for success and can deliver their games and features faster. Come, help us take Riot’s virtual economy backend to the next level!
As the Technical Product Manager of Content Access Hub team, you will report directly into the Live Services group lead. You will lead one of Riot’s strategic products that is at the heart of monetization and beyond, you will help pave the road for new generation of eCommerce products including Loyalty (content unlock) products across the globe, new game platforms (Mobile and Console) and new types of customers (2nd party developers and Partner region developers).
- Develop product vision of content access systems based on ever-changing customer context
- Manage all key customer and partner relationships including game teams, Tencent teams and other internal RPG teams for vertically integrated customer-facing capabilities (Payments, Player Support, etc.)
- Manage the backlog (Jira), roadmap, continuous improvement process, and scrum ceremonies for the team
- Manage critical dependencies such as infrastructure
- Review and develop Service Level Agreements and Objectives with all core customers
- Partner and collaborate with technical leads and engineering leaders to develop technical vision
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferable on services / API technical product teams
- Understanding of API-based products, core components and of customer experience (developer experience)
- Excellent team leadership, ability to build and refine technical product vision
- Broad understanding of operational and development challenges, conflict resolution techniques
- Hands-on experience leading agile (scrum) teams
- Background in services, operations, or infrastructure preferably in the space of payments, purchase / transactions handling systems, eCommerce related systems and data services
Mature understanding of product management and prioritization, navigating around constraints and finding balanced solutions
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.