Insights Campaign Manager - DACH - FTC
Insights Campaign Manager, DACH - Fixed-Term-Contract
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC games in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with players in Central Europe, we opened a publishing office in the heart of Berlin. To make that initiative a success we need inspiring leaders to help us build it up.
That's where you come in.
As the Insights Campaign Manager for Riot Games Central Europe, you’ll dive head-first into the vast goodness of our data warehouse and surface with well-constructed insights to help Rioters make more player-focused decisions. You’ll provide a unique voice to players by creating insights to translate their collective behavior into narratives that describe their experiences, both great and not-great. Armed with these narratives, you’ll inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on our mission to become the most player-focused game company in the world.
As a Central Europe Rioter in Berlin, you’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our goal of player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming.
You will report into the Head of Acquisition CE, working as an integral part of their team to analyze new levels of player engagement and satisfaction across Central Europe.
We’re looking for a broad-thinking administration veteran who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
- Identify and analyze data through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Partner with decision makers to help inform important decisions across the company
- Help create campaigns, creating player acquisition strategies through any viable platforms identified.
- Empower your team through data visualization (e.g. setting up Tableau dashboards) and storytelling (e.g. presentation decks)
- Communicate complex player insights in a simple, meaningful way
- Improve our campaigns and follow up performance, analysing different Measurements in real time environments, sharing our results across the EU publishing departments, and global teams to help elevate player acquisition Riot wide.
- Player-focused: you enjoy both games (of all kinds) and interesting challenges, probably in that order, and you use your gaming experience to help interpret the data you’re seeing in a way that makes sense.
- Experienced: you’ll bring at least 3 years of professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and working closely with the Head of Acquisition to inform company strategy.
- Strategic and business-know-how: you’re well aware that there’s no point to analyzing every aspect of a problem if the decision hinges on one important insight; you’re thoughtful about what makes a company like Riot tick and can find the right path to how Riot can provide meaningful experiences to players. You have experience analysing a company’s revenues and costs and utilising this information to help companies make data informed decisions.
- Technically adept: you have advanced knowledge of SQL, Matlab, or any other language that makes getting to data more efficient
- Social: you can make friends anywhere you go, but that’s the easy part – you’re ready and able to become a trusted advisor to decision-makers across Riot
- Adaptable: you recognize that situations change, complications arise, and you’re ok with that; you are calm, deliberate and able to handle whatever comes your way.
- A Data Enthusiast: you create reports and analysis using Excel (can perform complex functions), Google Slides, or Tableau; you can translate raw data into reports and presentations that are understandable and concise, even to a statistical layperson
- A gaming empath: a player yourself, you’re well-versed in games and jump at the chance to immerse yourself in the culture, learning the wants and needs of gamers all over the globe
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.