Analyst, Strategic Advisory - Hong Kong Studio
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio. In a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps strengthen our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
The Strategic Advisory department empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Strategic Advisory Analyst, you will partner with stakeholders across different products, you will build KPI reports to be presented to senior leaders, analyze massive amounts of data to shape product strategy, and conduct product level deep-dives to better understand performance and potential of the product.
- Partner with product leads to generate insights and frameworks that’ll inform the strategic direction of the product
- Collect, transform, and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
- Ensure we understand players from all over the world and the global picture of game health across regions
- Design experiments and provide strategic insights to test teams’ assumptions and inform their actions
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Statistics or a related discipline
- Minimum of three years professional work experience analyzing large data sets and informing company strategy, or in management consulting.
- Proven experience writing SQL queries
- Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau
- Demonstrated accuracy of analysis results
- A graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights, or product strategy or revenue strategy
- Knowledge in Python or other scripting languages
- Experience, knowledge, or willingness to learn qualitative user research (surveys, focus groups, ethnographic research)
- Experience working in media, entertainment, consumer products, or technology
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.