Senior Development Manager - Infrastructure Platform
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs.
Senior Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we consistently focusing on continual improvement. Senior Development Managers offer strong leadership and mentorship to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As a Senior Development Manager on the Infrastructure Platform team, you will lead teams that build and operate everything from the network backbone to the servers in our data center and in the cloud. You will lead the services that run the operate the servers globally to the platform that game developers use to build and deploy the game at all phases of development. Your leadership will directly affect the protection of our IP and player's experience. You will report directly to the Delivery Lead for the Infrastructure Platform group.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers
- Assess the team's health, and composition, boldly striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
- Manage, and track development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability with road maps, planning, and active risk management
- Drive team agreement on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed
- Create and bring project information to partners
- 7+ years experience managing technical projects
- Experience leading engineering teams and partners
- Managed hardware/software products through entire life cycle – from launch, launch, to maintaining and operating a live service
- Led teams to achieve products to worldwide markets
- Charter large projects with multiple teams
- Overseeing overall team health; it’s tracked and improving
- Desire to improve Riot’s ability to make the impossible happen for players
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- History with leading remote and distributed teams
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players and fans, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).