Instructional Designer, E-Learning Specialist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Instructional Designer, E-Learning Specialist for our Player Support L&D Team, you will assist in the design and delivery of kick-ass digital learning experiences for the global PS workforce. When you’re not head’s down in creative development, you'll partner with an international network of PS offices to identify core workforce development needs, and execute on your team’s strategy to level up the overall PS L&D infrastructure.
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you’re a player, too; you listen closely to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the overall experience of interacting with Riot
- Skilled: you’ve spent years honing your L&D abilities and you’ve got the track record to prove it; your functional and technical knowledge base continually grows, revealing new ways to level up your craft
- Perceptive: your potent powers of audience analysis help you understand and empathize with people’s motivations, intentions, and needs; your insightfulness gives you super psychic powers, helping you predict people’s future actions in their work, player interactions, or the impending zombie apocalypse
- A global thinker: you always consider the broader meaning, understanding that despite today’s stresses and successes, tomorrow’s another day, and there’ll be another after that; your big picture thinking presents a wider outlook of future scenarios as they pertain to both individual/group development and local/global training strategies
- Results-driven: never satisfied, you consider anything less than surpassing your goals a total wash; you push the pace, motivating yourself and others to deliver results while consistently performing at the top of your game
- An idea accelerator: your creative ideas and the creative ideas of your team don’t end at the concept phase because you push forward the ideas you know will work IRL; you know what brilliant looks like and have no problems pushing others past mental roadblocks with brainstorming sessions that end in unprecedented innovation
- Comfortable with ambiguity: when changes are made, you keep a cool head and fight on, even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate
- Use your over-developed creative muscles, mastery of E-Learning authoring tools, and instinctual understanding of adult learning principles to create memorable web-based learning experiences
- Build customizable resources for both core technical and non-technical skills, working closely with both Central and regional SMEs to ensure content is regularly updated to adapt to changing needs
- Round out our team comp as a top-laner: able to solo your lane then TP in for group objectives at a moment's notice
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.