Art Outsource Manager - Legends of Runeterra
In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
As a Riot Art Outsource Manager, you will help connect product teams to the right external partners while improving art outsource infrastructure and practices. You will build meaningful and trusting external relationships through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure sustainable production without compromising standards, you will aim to make the outsourcing experience outstanding and engaging for all parties involved.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. On the LoR team, you will report to the Development Director and play an essential part in managing the work and relationship with multiple Art Vendors. You will use both your extraordinary interpersonal and relationship skills to cultivate positive working relationships with our vendors. You’ll travel to multiple places around the world to work with extraordinary talent.
- We have multiple domestic and international vendors and want to foster relationships between Riot and the external teams we work with. You'll communicate Riot's vision and feedback to those vendors and serve as the voice for your company partners which will require you to travel internationally to vendor sites.
- You’ll handle the workflow of all outsourced tasks including organizing and leading all daily rituals, gathering all submissions by vendors, and presenting submissions to the team for feedback then organize and clean feedback for return to vendors.
- We'd like you to guarantee our art assets are clean, organized and defined correctly for easy access. Making sure the vendors have access to the correct tools to provide assets to the internal team that are compatible to implement into the game.
- You’ll manage contracts for all vendors and reviewing and approving timecards/invoices.
- If we need to engage new vendors, you will make initial contact with those new vendors and set up art trials.
- Working with art leads, producers and development managers to provide assets on time within budget. Maintain LoR quality standards across all assets and deliverables.
- 5 years’ experience working as an Art Outsource manager handling several Art vendors concurrently, or experience working with all partners.
- Excellent presentational skills and the ability to talk to technical staff, artists and business leaders.
- Experience with asset management and maintaining those pipelines.
- A valid passport (for international travel).
- Experience collaborating with vendors and maintaining relationships with multiple vendors and team members.
- Experience overseeing strategy with budgets within constraints.
- Experience in the games industry.
- Collectible card game experience.
- Experience working with 2D assets, 3D models, Rigging, and Animation in a professional setting.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).