Department Coordinator (Contract) - Esports
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends and, which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a main reason for the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major League of Legends competitive international tournaments, defining global policies for the sport, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional leagues. We want to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
The Department Coordinator is the individual supporting the operational requirements across the organization, supporting executives and teams to perform at their best.
As the Department Coordinator within Esports, you will proactive communicate and own operational tasks to coordinate unified planning requirements across numerous teams. You will help create a product group ethos in which the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Provide executive support to selected members of the senior leadership team, performing tasks including but not limited to travel management, calendar management, and ad-hoc logistical and operational needs.
- Maintain product-wide communication channels (email, slack, teams), and communication artifacts (team drive, strategy decks and others).
- Build and coordinate the development of Esports-wide events, including team all-hands, off-sites, leadership AMAs, Esports celebration events and yearly summits.
- Be the content partner for Esports and manage the Esports hub on Riot's intranet.
- Be the space planner for Esports, owning all aspects of our team space and planning, working in partnership with Riot’s IT and facilities teams.
- Coordinate team-wide tasks and needs such as swag-orders, on-site visitors and special projects logistical needs.
- Participate in our global events and producing specific tasks according to the team needs, such as visas and travel logistics, translation coordination, ticket distribution, VIP and guest support.
- Support team-wide operations management and special projects, including GRS action plans, portfolio-review, goals, and roadmap.
- 2+ years in an executive admin or a project coordination role.
- Experience working with travel and logistical needs.
- Experience with planning and coordination of small to medium scale projects.
- 4+ years of experience in a coordination role.
- Project management experience, coordinating scope, schedules, and budgets for small and medium scale projects.
- Experience as an executive admin supporting senior leaders within organizations.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.