Concept Artist - Unpublished Tactical FPS
As a Concept Artist at Riot you will bring environments and characters to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling, and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will come up with visual solutions for game concepts, in-game content, and world building. As a member of the team, you will help your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). As a Concept Artist on the Project A team, you will create and improve worlds for Riot’s brand new AAA titles. You will keep the players experience in mind as you work with diverse teams to help build foundational ideas and concepts for one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with designers, writers, and producers to bring new worlds to life. You will report to the Concept Art Lead.
- Work with Team and Art Leads to ensure concept outputs meet bar
- Ensure all concepts meet constraints / requirements of game needs
- Craft detailed concept art and orthographs for 3D artists and animators to implement into working game assets
- Work within the Team to uphold cohesion and vision of art quality bar
- Provide outsource feedback and spec definition up to 25-30% of allocated time, through syncs with outsource managers, paintovers and remote calls
- Experience concepting weapons for first person shooters
- 2+ years experience creating 3d block models to support concept work
- Strong linework and rendering skills
- Experience creating previs VFX concepts
- Experience creating stylized 2d artwork
- Ability to illustrate images used for promotional or in game art
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Experience creating 2d illustrated flipbooks
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).