UX Designer - Unpublished Tactical FPS
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll oversee the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other designers to achieve your goals.
Project A is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on Project A click here!). As a User Experience Designer on the team, you will be trusted to develop UI/UX designs that help players navigate all aspects of our game. You will work closely with Lead Designers to produce strong UX flows through interesting and intuitive control schemes and layouts. With your help we will realize the full potential of our gameplay and afford players the best experience that Project A has to offer.
- Support high-level design in developing control schemes and UX flow
- Build wireframes and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation
- Clearly communicate ideas and collaborate cross-functionally to realize designs in-game
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering support) to show proof of concept
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes)
- 4+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or other industry design and prototyping tools
- 6+ years experience in user experience design or interactive design
- BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).