Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We help provide experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, any of the new Riot Games projects, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and bring the solution that our audience needs.
Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to provide player value through agile work systems and practices. While driving internal agreement and accountability for teams and development organizations, we focus on iterative improvement. Development Managers offer direction and mentorship to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As a Development Manager on the LatAm team, you will lead teams that build and operate everything from Esports events to the launch of new games and content across over 30 countries. In your role you will focus on creating and refining sustainable development processes that promote the LatAm team to create reliable and sustainable experiences for players. You will design work systems, develop capabilities and coach over 20+ Rioters to achieve amazing experiences to players. Your leadership will directly improve the growth of Riot Games in Spanish-speaking Latin America. You will report to the Player Services Lead and be part of the region’s leadership team, providing strategic perspective to everything we do.
As a LatAm Rioter, you’ll join a small team of diverse professionals that focus on player experience, reject convention, and are passionate about gaming. With teams in Publishing, Esports, Player Services and People, the Mexico City team is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show LatAm players they aren't lost in translation.
- Build the initiative work system for teams (rituals, tracking, reporting, and partner management) and Leadership work system (initiative has goals, action items are tracked/resolved, roles and responsibilities are defined.)
- Assess the team's health, and composition, boldly striving for cohesion, delivery excellence and sustainability
- Oversee LatAm development managers and delivery leads on production craft
- Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the needs of current players and customers, ensuring commitments are made and accomplished
- Assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful and reliable delivery with continuous improvement.
- Manage and track development schedules and workflows, while raising and troubleshooting risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Create transparency and predictability with road maps, planning, and active risk management
- Establish frameworks and guide best practices across the multiple LatAm teams
- Build accountability through agreements and follow-up (e.g., sprints, milestones, roles and responsibilities)
- Encourage team-wide meetings to share knowledge and review results
- Provide delivery leadership on ad hoc projects as needed
- 5+ years experience leading multi-discipline teams and vendors to achieve complex products to a regional audience using agile methodologies
- Experience in mentorship or coaching junior producers, development managers, or product managers
- Experience with Agile/Lean principles and practices, but flexible enough to be versatile to new situations
- Experience chartering large-scale projects across multiple teams
- Impact diverse teams without formal authority
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups
- Experience designing, implementing, and improving work systems on multi-team and single-team levels
Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive and engaging
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and mentorship in projects for the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players and fans, this could be the role for you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.