Localization Operations Lead, SEA
As a Localization Operations Lead, SEA, you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You are accountable for all Localization outcomes for SEA product ecosystem. You identify gaps and needs within Operations and work with the other Localization teams to increase efficiency and improve processes. You oversee the daily operational needs of our external resources and provide status updates and information as needed across all customer groups.
You will take care of communications with external resources and other Riot offices, to remove blockers, answer localization-related questions, and to ensure the smooth functioning of the localization pipeline for all SEA languages across all products. Working with the other Operations Leads, you will focus on improving localization operations, developing best practices, guides, and runbooks. In short, you will participate in creating a scalable and sustainable content pipeline for SEA.
As a Singapore-based Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team is responsible for not only Singapore but the greater Southeast Asia region: Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Monitor the operational work for localization and intervene as needed
- Be the primary contact for vendors located within this time zone
- Be the primary escalation point for technical, operational localization needs
- Develop runbooks and processes to promote the efficiency of localization pipeline
- Establish work systems and processes to track work and improve operational and player facing metrics
- You will have 4 years experience in a similar role
- English professional proficiency. Additional languages are a plus
- Proficiency with managing a translation memory software for translators and project managers
- Have general knowledge of Localization QA processes and best practices
- Experience with Project management software (Jira, Favro, etc.)
- Experience with content management tools, proprietary or out of the box (CMS, Xloc, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable communicating across cultural, distance, and language barriers
- Can document existing and create new processes to promote efficiency and scalability in localization process
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children plus Life Insurance, Parental Leave and short-term/long-term disability. Riot will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, Health Fund and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games. For this position, you will also be able to enjoy a monthly food and phone allowance.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.