Senior 3D Environment Artist - Unpublished Fighting Game
As part of the Environment Art team, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling environments. Working within both design and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that enhance the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design will help build fantastic new worlds for our players to explore. As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members to raise the quality bar and game developer knowledge.
Project L is our new fighting game! As a Senior Environment Artist you will report to the Art Director and help create the handcrafted visual style of the project. For fighting games, visual clarity is of the utmost importance. The Senior Environment Artist will find the right balance between creating a beautiful world and gameplay. Finally, you’ll oversee the environments creation including modeling, sculpting, texturing, and lighting.
- Help guide the look and feel of 3D assets ranging from hard surface structures to organic foliage
- Influence asset creation pipeline with your understanding of optimized low poly asset creation such as modular kits to take into account efficiency, speed, and cross dependencies
- Work with various materials from hand painted diffuse to PBR workflows
- Light environments using modern technologies
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are performant
- Guide and mentor members of the team
- 5+ years experience as an environment artist
- Experience in stylized art styles
- Experience in Maya, Photoshop, and Z-Brush
- Experience in Unreal
- Understanding of Substance and PBR workflows
- Proficient environment concept artist
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).