Senior Manager, Development Management - Riot Data Products
A Senior Manager of Development Management at Riot ensures the members of the cross disciplined teams can move products and features through the development cycle and out to the customers. You’re obsessed with understanding how the needs of the customer, the direction of the business, the health of the team and that the critical elements of our products are translated into action.
As a Senior Manager on the Riot Data Products team (RDP), you will work with the Head of Data and the leadership team. You will define the processes for delivering large-scale data products. You’ll help shape the operational strategy to encourage ownership and delivery excellence within RDP.
- Develop and execute the operational strategy of RDP
- Develop work systems such as how teams report status, how multi-team work is coordinated, or how risks are diagnosed and addressed
- Ensure all teams within RDP make and meet commitments
- Ensure processes are optimized for developer effectiveness
- Ensure customers are always up-to-date on existing commitments and delivery status
- Ensure that conflicts within and between teams are resolved effectively
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams
- 7+ years of experience managing and delivering large-scale projects
- Experience using a deep toolkit of development methodologies
- Experience in the design, operation, and improvement of scalable systems
- Developed and executed processes for software products through the entire life cycle
- Experience with SAFe methodology
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).