Software Engineer, Gameplay - VALORANT
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to build game systems and mechanics for VALORANT. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Design, develop and implement intricate gameplay systems and features
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development process and coding standards
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- Mentor and coach junior members to build talent over the long term
- Manage strong relationships between disciplines
- 3+ years of experience working on gameplay systems
- Experience working on gameplay systems such as AI, combat, physics, inventory, etc.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming
- Experience working with common game engines such as Unreal
- Experience with C++
- Experience supporting a live service-driven game
- Experience working on games across multiple platforms (PC, console, mobile, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)