Esports Development Associate Manager, China
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of Esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major League of Legends competitive international tournaments, defining global policies for the sport, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional leagues. Our vision is to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That is where you come in.
As an Esports Development Associate Manager, you will play a critical role in our local Esports operation and future Esports development. You will report into the Esports Development Manager and manage the continued success of Esports in China. You will assume multiple responsibilities and take on challenges from different dimensions. On a day-to-day basis, you will be a bridge between our Global and China Esports teams, oversee operations of local leagues, and work on bringing exciting international events to our fans in China. You will also form our long-term Esports strategy to ensure we are building a strong foundation for future growth initiatives. You will be an essential representative of our sport to the industry, partners and players.
- Organize and support international events to be hosted to China, including 2020 World Championship; ensure we are delivering the best esports experience to our players
- JV management responsibilities including preparation for periodic board meetings, global league policy implementation, and providing strategic oversight
- Proactively drive and own the ongoing development of Riot’s growth strategy in esports. Manage the development of strategic initiatives on key areas of focus that could accelerate and further diversify our growth
- Manage cross-platform monetization initiatives between esports and game platforms
- Monitor the larger environment and industry developments to guide the team through potential opportunities and risks
- 3+ year experience in the field of sports, consulting or finance
- You have strong interpersonal skill and have experience working with internal and external partner
- You have strong logic reasoning, able to excel under stressful and ambiguous situations
- You are a self-motivator, an avid learner and have strong sense of ownership to get the work done
- You have strong passion in competitive gaming and a big fan of sports or Esports
- You are bilingual, can converse fluently in both Chinese and English