Development Manager - Legends of Runeterra
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in:
As a Development Manager for Legends of Runeterra, you will support a diverse set of developers (from Artists to Engineers) focused on delivering more content and games to our players . Using an Agile mindset, you will track work, build work systems and make sure that you and your team are total owners of all commitments to players. You’ll inspire teams to collaborate across time (zones) and space, and help guide work to ensure we’re focused on the work that brings the most value to players.
- Own delivery leadership for content on one or more products along with the teams that support them.
- Iterate on development processes and bolster them to provide forward visibility and predictability for deliveries. This includes commitments, backlog, and matching work to capacity, tracking all workflows (planned/unplanned), and clarifying Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done.
- Find the right processes to solve operational problems the teams may encounter - from how do we know what our capacity is, to change management across locations.
- Prioritize work to help reduce distractions and impacted velocity
- Provide transparency to product leadership - reporting risks around development velocity and staffing (skill gaps and performance),
- Identifies and manages partners
- Build healthy teams through observation and survey, and then develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Build accountability, through agreements and follow-up. (e.g., sprints, achievements, roles and responsibilities)
- 5+ years of experience making and launching games as a service.
- Knowledge and experience using a deep toolkit of development methodologies, and experience in adapting to new situations.
- Strong grasp of Agile fundamentals and experience applying them in practice.
- Knowledge of systems-based thinking frameworks, and a willingness to invest time to understand causal motivations
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Deep spirit of perseverance and ability to guide teams and a dedication to seeing challenges through to their end.
- Mandarin Fluency
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.