Senior Manager, Communications & Public Relations, North America
The Senior Manager of Communications and Public Relations leads and orchestrates all communications programs to Riot’s growing portfolio of games and other products in North America and Oceania. You will guide the NA/OCE comms teams across social, influencer and PR channels and craft experiences that surprises and delights our growing audience in North America and Oceania. You will foster communities and build partnerships across our broad range of channels, which will be important for building scalable comms strategies. You will report to the Director of Publishing, North America and partner together to enhance the craft standard across all comms sub-disciplines.
North America is an important market to Riot, requiring an experienced hand to provide strong audience insights to help inform, shape, and advocate for strong global policy and comms. Your brand communications will reach a broader English-speaking audience outside of the market’s nominal borders as you will manage Riot’s global social channels for all major products. Your teams will work with their global counterparts to ensure the strategic deployment of essential channels and networks (ex: influencer) against global goals (product releases). You will help maintain clear standards at which communication efforts are measured against and contribute to Riot’s evolving philosophy on global topics such as pay-to-play, make hiring decisions related to team staffing, and own important communications as it pertains to product releases, change management and regional crisis comms.
- You will create communication strategies that affect how the market receives new products and changes from Riot.
- You will represent NA/OCE interests in global strategic development within the WWP/Product Publishing organization.
- You will oversee the management of a diverse set of networks and channels within North America that have an overweight impact on our global publishing efforts.
- You will lead comms orchestration across all of these networks against seasonal programming and new product releases (G2M) and is another important area of this role in which you will make real-time decisions related to product publishing and the strategic deployment of NA resources.
- You will oversee Riot’s communication strategy in North America as it relates to product publishing. Developing a network that consists of influencers and PR that we activate for major G2M and seasonal releases.
- You will oversee the operation of our game channels (client, web, and social) and ensure that channel programming is optimized against both product and regional goals.
- You will provide clear and impactful comms across the entirety of the NA ecosystem, integration with global programs, the management of all channels used to distribute content and messages, the management of all publishing personnel operating channels, and building a cohesive partnership with brand and other central entities.
- You will oversee the strategy and operation of all LCS channels. Providing comms support to the country manager for internal messaging, and enhancing the craft of comms across PR, influencer, and channels management teams.
- You will build the strategy and management of the NA / Global EN influencer network
- You will direct original programming and audience management on global game channels (social/client)
- You will scale comms team operations / programs / agencies to support a multi game portfolio
- 8 years of experience in a publishing or product management role.
- 4 years directly managing team/people
- At least ten years leading communication strategy or brand storytelling for major, public-facing products;
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.