Producer II : IP&C - Riot Forge
Production at Riot Games help lead the vision of each product across the finish line and help deliver experiences beyond the audience's expectations. We're involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we provide solutions that our audience needs.
As a Producer, you'll maintain the relationships between our internal team and our external development studios to verify we are making the best possible games. By building relationships and inspiring our developers to collaborate, you will guide quality projects from Riot into players hands. You will help concept, deliver, improve, and influence game development with our partner studios at each stage of production. Are you up for the challenge?
Riot Forge is Riot's take on player and developer-focused publishing (for more info on Riot Forge, click here!). As a Publishing Producer within Riot Forge, you will report to the Senior Producer, and work with external developers to guarantee our portfolio of games are high-quality and fun for players. You will build relationships with developers and teams at Riot. You will ensure that the team is set up for success at every stage of project development. Working as a member of the team, you will encourage knowledge sharing and standard methodologies to ensure we always work at a high standard and are thoughtful partners to our developers.
- You will operate multiple titles simultaneously across a plethora of platforms and external teams
- Ensure our products are achieving strategic portfolio and business goals
- You'll guide developers through goals and metric setting and conduct regular product reviews
- Create understanding and set expectations upwards and downwards
- Provide updates and visibility on the project status to the leadership team and fellow producers
- You ensure we are working with the QA lead to verify that each game is tested and hits the quality targets
- Partner with the Publishing Lead to develop the “go to market” plan
- Build and handle the budget for each game, understanding trade-offs between time, cost, and scope
- You feel comfortable speaking to a broad spectrum of topics to multiple teams, you are well versed in game production
- You have 6+ years of experience in Game Production roles
- Experience working on both sides of game development - You have shipped at least one game on the publishing side and one game as part of a development studio
- Experience overseeing the full lifecycle of game development
- You have a full understanding of game production, including milestone planning and risk management
- Experience working with external development teams
- Experience with 1st parties, age ratings, legal and shipping games on a variety of platforms including PC, console, and mobile
- Experience with iterative development methodologies like Scrum & Agile, and have used supporting software (i.e.: JIRA, Favro, Hansoft)
- Personable, your demeanor diffuses conflicts and puts people at ease
- You understand player resonance and know what makes a good game, and what defines quality for players
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience working on a variety of gaming genres
- Experience working with audience motivations and segmentation
- Experience working with legal on partner contracts
- Knowledgeable about the gaming industry including newest trends and events
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.