Game Producer II - VALORANT
Game Producers lead teams, initiatives and products from conception through launch and operation inside of the gaming space. They create and align teams to product vision, have a deep understanding of player needs, competitors and market conditions, and are able to balance scope, quality and time to predictably deliver at a high quality bar for players.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Game Producer II on the VALORANT you are responsible for helping Riot deliver high quality content and features to our players. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you track progress, deliver features, and organize priorities and goals. You will also work with artists, designers, and engineers to provide genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to the Senior Producer for your area.
- Guide the organization and delivery of the team’s feature work
- Runs day to day team production operations
- Creates and maintains clean, up-to-date work backlog
- Facilitates team meetings, discussions, and decisions
- Supports team by removing roadblocks and managing distractions
- Team has predictable planning process
- Cross-functional work planning with accurate estimations
- Velocity tracking on sprint and release basis
- Sprint and milestone commitment tracking
- Dependency and risk tracking
- Ensure team’s work matches overall Project priorities and goals
- Strategic work alignment & prioritization
- Create team product roadmap that expresses the value being delivered (to players or other customers)
- Create and Prioritize team backlog
- Get stakeholder support on the “why” behind the team’s work
- Player resonance
- Clearly define the audience for the team’s work
- Be the advocate for team’s game and business decisions
- Champion a player focused mindset and be the voice of the player
- Ensures strong team health, culture, and efficiency
- Team work systems are efficient and adopted by the team
- Monitors team morale, ensures the team has a safe and supportive environment
- Resolves team problems quickly
- 4+ years of experience as a Producer, Product Manager, or Development Manager
- Experience shipping a game or major game feature in a production role
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support, etc.)
- Experience with a live game service
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).