Senior Manager, Brand Marketing - VALORANT Esports
As the Valorant Esports Publishing Lead you’ll develop the long-term brand strategy and create outstanding campaigns that grow fandom for the sport. Reporting to the Head of Global Esports Publishing you will lead a team of marketers, communications pros and creatives.
You will set the future direction of the brand, create the global communication narrative and lead projects that promote fan engagement and improve global perception of the sport. Working with Business Development, League Operations, Digital Products, Insights and Regional esports teams you will shape the global fan experience for the sport.
- Create the brand vision for all VALORANT esports products and create a global narrative that establishes Valorant as an outstanding esport
- Develop a global marketing and communications strategy that inspires fan growth, deepens fan engagement and improve broader cultural perception of VALORANT Esports
- Work with Rioters and agency teams to provide resonant creative campaigns that make VALORANT Esports events major global cultural moments
- Partner with regional esports leadership to promote a cohesive global narrative for the sport
- Work with the game team to develop new esports digital products to fans
- Evaluate the performance of all marketing and communications activities and report brand performance to the global esports senior leadership team
- Experience leading a cross functional team of marketing, communications and creative professionals within the sports, entertainment or games industries
- At least 7 years of in-house or agency marketing experience
- Global experience working at an international HQ or across countries/markets.
- Agency and project management experience at global scale
- Experience managing content pipelines (in-house and agency)
- Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least one other language would be a plus
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Undergraduate degree in business
- Experience with the global shooter market
- Experience with sports and digital marketing trends
- Live event and experiential marketing experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.