Manager, Development Management - Developer Platform
As a Manager of Development Management at Riot you lead multiple cross disciplined teams in delivering products and features to our players from ideation to deployment. You’re passionate about understanding the needs of customers, the health of the team, the direction of the business and how to translate that understanding into outstanding delivery of products.
As the Manager on the Developer Platform (part of Riot's broader Player Platform group), you will manage the production team leaders of a strategic product initiative. The Developer Platform serves Riot's game team developers and third-party game team developers.
You will lead delivery on defined outcomes and measures of success through improvement of the teams' efficacy. You will develop your direct reports to improve their impact on delivery outcomes and you will coach the teams within your initiative to improve their delivery operations.
This position will report to the Operations Director of Riot's Player Platform business unit.
- Manage, guide, and develop a team of Producers ranging from mid-level to senior-level to meet delivery goals and objectives.
- Improve existing development work systems and project planning to provide visibility and predictability for product delivery through deep analysis of workflows and processes.
- Lead cross team initiatives and work collaboratively to identify and mitigate risks.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative delivery data to ensure successful product outcomes.
- Keep the team focused during execution by discerning between emergent distractions and valuable pursuits.
- Ensure technical excellence is thoughtfully applied to product development to manage a cost of change and reduce or prevent tech debt.
- Coach direct reports and team members in practical application of Agile and Lean best practices.
- Measure current team performance, create shared understanding of target performance and outcomes, and develop and implement plans to close gaps.
- Identify team and organizational changes required to accomplish and align with business strategy. Plan and execute the resulting strategic change.
- 8+ years of experience managing empowered, Agile teams of teams to achieve large-scale product outcomes
- 3+ years as a people manager
- 5+ years of application of Agile and Lean development process and practices
- Agile Engineering experience: BDD/ TDD, Pair programming, Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery, Emergent Architecture
- Expertise with scaled Agile process and practices: Nexus Scrum, LeSS, SaFE, etc
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and collaborative spirit that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).