Manager, Narrative Writing - Legends of Runeterra
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. On our team, we’re looking for a Narrative Lead to help build the world and characters of Runeterra!
As the Manager, Narrative Writing on Legends of Runeterra (LoR), you’ll be in a interdisciplinary environment working with designers, artists, and engineers to work towards your ideas. You’ll need to use your collaborative and creative skills to build new environments and characters that resonate with players and enhance their gameplay experience.
You'll report to the Game Director and work in developing a shared creative vision. If you dream of breathing life into lots of fantasy characters and settings in a new game, this is the role for you. It's our love of gaming and passion for creating a variety of engaging story material to help players create their own unique narratives through play, and you can’t wait to help them write the next chapter.
- Create characters, settings, and events through images, voice-over, text, and gameplay for LoR and the shared League IP.
- Work with other Product Owners to understand and form creative goals for LoR content.
- Develop the Narrative team.
- Provide craft specific feedback and best practices to help writers understand and achieve the goals of the product.
- Guide understanding on LoR Narrative team processes, rituals, and techniques.
- Set and maintain the bar for LoR Narrative quality through your own work and through the creation of style guides.
- Lead with interdisciplinary teams of designers, artists, and engineers to accomplish a shared creative vision.
- Work with partner teams within Riot to develop shared IP expressions including cinematic, comics, and fiction.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a writer in the entertainment industry creating characters/settings, and writing fiction.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience writing video game dialog.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team of narrative writers.
- Knowledge and passion for working on collectible card games.
- Knowledge of the League of Legends IP.
- Experience working with visual narrative formats.
- Demonstrated experience working with other disciplines
- Google Suite word processing and presentation software.
- Experience with Jira and/or Unity.
Please include a list of your favorite video games that you've played
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).