Senior Software Engineer (Unity, C#), PXM - Legends of Runeterra
Legends of Runeterra’s (LoR) Personalization & Metagame Systems (PXM) is the team that transforms LoR from an exciting game into a hobby and lifestyle for our players. We help players learn the ropes, provide players with ways to track their long term goals through quests, events, ranked play, and by providing them ways to personalize their experience through Boards, Guardians, Emotes, Cardbacks, etc… all while keeping the game fair and engaging for both free players who invest time and to players that decide to invest money in our game.
As a full-stack Unity developer on our Personalized eXperiences and Metagame (PXM) team, you will be focused on developing new meta-game features across Unity and our C# microservices back-end. Here you will have essential input on features that will guide the future of LoR’s playerbase. On this team, you will be:
Player-Focused: You have player empathy, and you want to find solutions that make players excited to earn new rewards , and customize their gameplay experience. You want to ensure that when players spend money in our game they feel good before, during, and after their purchase.
A Collaborator: You want to work elbow-to-elbow with members of other disciplines (Art, Audio, Game Design, QA, Player Support & Product) to build a whole experience. You are excited to see problems from a different point of view, and make smart tradeoffs (Performance vs. Quality, Breadth vs. Depth, etc) to meet multiple objectives.
Adaptable: You understand the need for rapid iteration and are excited about switching gears between design, optimization, break/fix, and development.
- Work with diverse teams (including Artists, Game Designers, QA, Data Scientists, and Producers) to shape player experiences
- Collaborate with our Live-Ops Team on load testing and security of our systems
- Develop and improve meta-game systems in Unity and our C# microservices
- Write unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality code
- Deliver new content to players in a bi-weekly release cadence
- Peer review the work of other Software Engineers on the team
- Deliver a seamless cross-platform experience between PC & Mobile
- 3+ collective years of professional experience across the following areas:
- Unity Game Development, in particular a focus on networked code and mobile development.
- Developing and operating games as a service.
- Experience working with databases, caches, building services and network protocols, preferably in C#
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- Solid OO design experience in C#, Java, or C++
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes
- Mobile Unity Development experience
- Passion around the Meta-game space such as Customization and Progression
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).