Systems Engineer - Core Infrastructure Team (Contract)
Systems Engineers at Riot help support our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. Your specializations could include operating systems such as Linux, or Windows, or experience with infrastructure and hardware areas such as databases, provider networking, data center networking, or data centers.
As a Systems Engineer on the Core Infrastructure Team, you’ll manage the planning, design, integration, and operational efficiency of Riots bare metal and cloud infrastructure. You will be an emergent champion, putting player and Rioter experiences at the forefront. You will develop existing automation and driving new innovations in that space. You will report to the datacenter engineering manager.
- Independently solve complex production issues at Riot scale
- Implement new solutions, systems, and designs in a vendor agnostic environment
- Contribute to the evolution of our infrastructure and operations monitoring platforms
- Grow and support our Cloud presence
- Level up your peers
- 3 years experience within infrastructure delivery and operational support
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience managing Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (Python, Go, Bash)
- You understand formatting such as JSON and YAML
- 2 years experience with AWS
- Can lead a team of engineers
- Experience implementing new technology
- Experience with Terraform
- Network engineering knowledge would be a big plus
- AWS Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Sysops Administrator - Associate
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).