Senior Software Engineer - Wild Rift, In-Game Team
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the chance to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer II, you'll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer II on Wild Rift, you will develop tools and workflows that enhance and empower the development teams’ capabilities to create technology and content in an efficient and sustainable manner. This includes building tools to improve content creation workflows, help create unique, feature rich skins and other content, and automation of testing capabilities. You will report to the Engineering Manager for Tech Vertical.
- Design and build framework to accelerate development of new content in Wild Rift including champion, maps and modes.
- Work closely with designers to improve the quality of content creation tools
- Collaborate with discipline leads to develop long-term vision and strategies that improve workflows
- Lead architecture requirements, design, and implementation, and perform code reviews.
- Ensure the team is demonstrating engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation.
- Provide and champion the "definition of done"
- Reduce ambiguity in a problem space through technical discovery & prototyping
- Creation and maintenance of customer facing documentation for tooling
- Provide mentorship to customers of product tools and junior engineers
- 5+ years of experience as a gameplay/game tools engineer, or relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in C++ and C#
- Experience with technical design, programming. Solid CS fundamentals.
- Experience identifying inefficiencies in processes, tools, workflows and creating solutions to eliminate these inefficiencies.
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems.
- Bi-Lingual fluency in English and Mandarin is a bonus
- Experience with Unity
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).