Staff Software Engineer, Graphics - Unpublished Fighting Game
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology while building new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer, Graphics on the R&D team you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new fighting game! You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build rendering systems and features to support one of our new games. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to bring genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Help build the graphics engine technology that powers one of our new AAA games
- Monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build and improve tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- Work with Artist and Art teams to help realize the overall vision of the game
- 6 + years of experience
- BS or equivalent experience
- Expert in C++
- Expert in low-level optimization
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common content types into games
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience working with 1 or more game engines
- Interest in working on Stylized Rendering
- Experience partnering closely with artists
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)