Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Anti-Cheat Analyst, you'll dive head-first into the vastness of our data captured around those that have been caught cheating and surface with well-constructed insights that will help Rioters make more player-focused decisions. You'll provide a unique voice by using top-notch analytic skills to translate cheating behavior into narratives that will inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on Riot's mission to protect competitive integrity.
- Trustworthy: you're a human vault, locking confidential conversations away behind impenetrable steel and a nine-digit passcode; whether candidly advising a teammate or copping to your own mistakes, you don't fear the truth, always delivering and receiving it constructively and with maximum tact
- Action-oriented: you take the bull by the horns and ride the damn thing through the heart of a dragon; you turn challenges into opportunities, even without extensive planning because "too hard" means nothing to a dragon slayer
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player, too; you listen closely to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the overall League of Legends experience
- Cool-headed: you thrive in high‐stress situations by embracing the unexpected, staying calm under pressure, and thinking clearly when details are hazy; as the team's ballast, you maintain stability in crisis‐mode, keeping everyone positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- Decisive: you make quick and accurate decisions under pressure, even when the info is incomplete; you'd hate to be mentioned in the same sentence as "waffle" unless maple syrup were involved
- Skilled: you've spent years honing your technical abilities and you've got the track record to prove it; your functional and technical knowledge base continually grows, revealing new ways to level up your craft
- Technically adept: you don't believe in language barriers; you're already familiar with mySQL, and you're down to round out your skillset with Python or any other scripting language that might bend data to your will; bonus points for skills in data automation or visualization
- Work on a diverse, cross-functional team dedicated to protect fair play for all players in League of Legends and future games
- Analyze, verify, and document your findings
- Help keep everyone up to speed by establishing regular reports and making a dashboard of critical statistics available for reference
- Assess the various levels of risk that each new hack, script, or other malicious code poses to player experiences
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.