Marketing Communications II (Contract) - Legends of Runeterra
As a Marketing Communications ll on the Legends of Runeterra team, you will create communication strategies and capabilities for Legends of Runeterra with the mission of engaging with players and informing them of new experiences that are coming to Legends of Runeterra. You'll develop strategies for direct-to-player communications and work to tactically implement them in written and visual form, partnering with other members of the Legends of Runeterra team such as video, art and visual design and Rioters around the globe. You are the go to person for developers who are engaging with players and look for opportunities to connect with players around the globe.
You'll also work with the Legends of Runeterra development team to create clear and consistent messaging about the ongoing changes to Legends of Runeterra. To level up our communications vehicles like patch notes, you'll need to serve as a bridge between devs and players. Learning how to understand and represent both players' and developers' viewpoints will be crucial.
You will represent Legends of Runeterra globally and in sync with our regional offices, expressing and sharing our ongoing stream of news, content, events, and stories with all partners, which would be inclusive of messaging for publicists, and both endemic and non-endemic media.
- Generate communications strategies
- Be an expert comms craftsperson: Creating player facing messaging highlighting game updates and changes
- Discover and understand international player pain, and then bring that to bear in product feedback
- Determine spokesperson strategy, identify important appearance opportunities, and work with developers to encourage community engagement and player conversations
- Act as a go-to consult for the Legends of Runeterra publishing team; offering valuable feedback and knowledge based on experience
- Partner with adjacent teams on internal communications needs
- Set measurable goals for communications and evaluate and adjust strategies based on insights
- 4 years experience in a communications or brand management/marketing field
- Experience working with teams across multiple countries and timezones
- Experience working with press such as creating press releases or working with talent
- Experience managing communications strategy for major, public-facing products
- Experience in global products
- Experience working on cultural brands that focus on niche audiences
- Experience working with diverse marketing teams
- Organizational management skills
- Worked on or has a passion for strategy/CCG games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!