Manager, Communications - World Wide Publishing
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As the Manager, Communications, you’ll report to the Director, Strategic Advisory within Worldwide Publishing. You will serve as a direct counselor and strategist for the President of Worldwide Publishing and the rest of the Worldwide Publishing Leadership team. On internal comms, you’ll help drive org alignment and maintain org health as the company grows and evolves. On external comms, you’ll help develop the brand and reputation of Worldwide Publishing to players and industry stakeholders. You will lead the Worldwide Publishing Comms team and collaborate closely with comms, publishing, and other teams across Riot.
- Monitor Worldwide Publishing’s business and organizational health and strategy and translate into communications goals and objectives
- Develop holistic comms and change management strategies that balance and address both business goals and Rioter needs
- Lead execution of comms and change management strategies across internal channels such as email, Slack, town halls, Q&As, presentations, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders across Riot such as Corporate Comms, Worldwide Publishing Strategy, Worldwide Publishing Leadership, etc.
- Monitor Worldwide Publishing’s external brand and reputation with players and industry stakeholders and translate into communications goals and objectives
- Develop externally-facing Worldwide Publishing brand and reputation-building strategies, in alignment with broader Riot efforts
- Lead execution of integrated comms strategies across external channels such as social media, speaking engagements and media
- Engage stakeholders such as vendor partners, media, and Riot Corp Comms
- 8+ years of total experience in corporate communications or corporate professional services
- 4+ years of experience directly working with executives (SVP+) in developing and executing communications strategies and initiatives
- 3+ years directly managing other comms professionals
- Experience with developing and executing corporate communications programs designed to align an organization around a cohesive business strategy
- Experience with developing and executing corporate change management programs, such as risk mitigation for organizational changes
- Experience with developing and executing corporate reputation programs, such as product communications, thought leadership programs, media relations and corporate reputation programs
- Strong understanding of external trends and industry news relevant to Riot’s business
- Strong understanding of marketing and communications platforms and channels, including earned, owned, and shared
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).