Communications Associate Intern
The Publishing team creates memorable experiences and content for the League of Legends community. This scope of work is multifaceted and includes jamming on Reddit about a game design change, launching a campaign for a new feature or product, or crafting new content to reach the next generation of players. What remains consistent throughout all of this work - we partner with the community to grow and evolve our game.
We’re looking for an intern who wants to help us pour rocket fuel on the content creators efforts and help our channels reach new heights. Candidates who understand the language of League of Legends, its unique culture, and are passionate about creating content that affects the lives of millions of players. As an intern with the Social & Influencer team, you must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, a keen creative eye, be fiercely audience-driven in all things, and have a knack for managing networks of relationships both internal and external.
As an intern you will:
- Foster the communication between important player segments and player leaders and Riot
- Work on content programs and campaigns that strengthens the League of Legends community
- Track and analyze metrics measuring the support that Riot offers the League of Legends community
- Support the feedback loop between Riot and community thought leaders and advocate for their needs
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office a plus
- Functional understanding of all major social networks and platforms
- Familiarity with software and production methods used by both aspiring and veteran community content creators
- A self starter whose entrepreneurial spirit is rivaled only by your curiosity and desire to learn
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).