Marketing Communications III - LCS, North America
As Marketing Communications III, reporting to the LCS publishing lead, you will develop communications strategies for essential beats throughout the LCS season, manage relationships with endemic North American press and our PR agencies, and support North American media at global esports events around the world. You’ll also partner with the LCS Front Office to support the LCS Commissioner and the League Management team with official league communications, partnership announcements, and speaking opportunities.
The LCS is the 3rd most popular professional league in the US among 18 to 34-year-old viewers, trailing behind the NFL and the NBA. As such, the LCS team is a unique crossover between the best of sports, and the best of video games. The LCS communications team shapes the identity and reputation of the LCS with fans, teams, media, and sponsors. As a whole, our team oversees publishing for the LCS, including brand, PR, social media and creative.
- Lead communications for LCS including setting strategy and building on communications campaigns
- Develop communications across multiple styles and platforms for the LCS and its products, VALORANT and the Teamfight Tactics competitive ecosystem in North America.
- Develop press strategies for LCS, teams, pros, franchisees, sponsors, and products
- Mange close working relationships with endemic media and build relationships with new media targets on behalf of the League
- Manage LCS related reporting and internal communications
- Oversee the press experience for NA media at the LCS Studio, LCS Finals, and international competitions (MSI, Rift Rivals, Worlds, ASE) and disseminating global esports news to NA media
- Anticipate potential negative coverage and serve as an adept crisis communications manager
- Author bylines, op eds, and other direct-to-player communications on behalf of the LCS
- 6+ years of experience with PR or the media space
- Experience with crisis communications and responding to sensitive and escalating situations in an assuring manner
- Well versed in writing, with deep experience communicating the unique voices of individual executives and brands
- Familiarity with exercising great discretion as it relates to confidential information
- At least 4 years managing communications strategy for major, public-facing products
- Adept in the areas of sports, esports, social media, influencer marketing, media relations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.