Senior Software Engineer, Graphics - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0000785
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As Senior Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you are responsible for helping Riot build engine features for VALORANT. You will keep the players experience in mind as you work to increase the performance of the game. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to bring genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager on VALORANT.
- Help build the engine technology that powers one of our new AAA games
- Work to monitor and increase the performance of the game
- Build and implement tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Work to resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- Work with Artist and Art teams to help realize the overall vision of the game
- 3+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience with C++
- Experience in low-level optimization
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common content types into games
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- 4+ years of experience
- Experience working in games industry
- Experience with Unreal Engine
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).