Marketing Communications III - Esports
As a Marketing Communications III on the Esports team, you will manage mining content from across all facets of the organization--and in particular across the 12 Esports regions--and create thoughtful feature-centric pitches and fan-facing content. You also will help build the press experience for LoL Esports events. You will work with the press to ensure those stories are shared in an authentic, player-focused way, and because you're a player, too, you know exactly what that means.
You will represent LoL Esports globally and in sync with our regional offices, expressing and sharing our ongoing stream of news, content, events, and stories with all partners, outside influencers, publicists, and both endemic and non-endemic media. You will be the go-to liaison to your regional Esports Communications teammates for Riot Esports global stories, developments, and experiences that'll resonate with their (and global) players and other important audiences. You will ensure communications agreement on the Riot Esports strategy, working towards making LoL Esports a premier global sport and growing the sport by increasing viewership and adding fans. You will report into the Marketing Communications Director on the Esports team.
- Lead the development of strategic global communication campaigns that align with global strategy and help meet the goals of your team--and also regional Esports Communications teammates
- Anticipate potential negative coverage and serve as an adept crisis communications manager
- Pitch media to produce stories on Riot Esports and manage the system to keep media updated and informed on the latest news
- Land positive coverage of Riot Games and League of Legends esports across a spectrum of earned and owned channels globally and regionally (in sync with regional offices)
- Help manage communications content strategy, including photography, throughout the year and at essential global esports events
- Help manage Global Communications efforts, from story creating through the on-site media experience, at one or more LoL Esports events including the Mid-Season Invitational, World Championship, and All-Star Event
- Work with team to develop earned media measurement standards across Riot Esports and set up watertight systems for tracking and distributing reports/clips/coverage to partners
- 6+ years of experience in communications
- Communications experience in esports, traditional sports or entertainment
- At least 4 years managing communications strategy for major, public-facing products
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Proficient in two or more languages
- Experience in global products or worked in more than one country
- Adept in the areas of sports, esports, social media, influencer marketing, media relations
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.