Senior Software Engineer, Data Ops - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0000901
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer II on the VALORANT team you will be responsible for building player facing game features powered by analytical or machine learning models, and the scalable backend services that collect data about those features. You'll influence the technical direction for how VALORANT data services are built, scale and are operated in production. You will report to the Data Science Manager on the Data Operations team.
- Design, build and deliver in-game client features that are backed by analytics or machine learning services
- Design, build, deliver and support large scale backend services to support millions of players
- Collaborate closely with producers, game designers, data science and UX experts
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Professional experience building large scale backend systems (e.g. game services, data)
- Previous experience working with data scientists and analysts
- Familiarity with the ‘big data’ tools on AWS and GCP
- Professional or other experience working with C++ and Golang
- Professional or other experience working with Unreal Engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).