QA Engineer II - League, Content Efficiency
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing to guarantee a holistic understanding of Riot’s projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it’s their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer II on Content Efficiency, you’ll report to a QA Manager. You will advocate for high standards for the tools that developers and artists use on Legends of Legends and be the voice of quality to the team. You’ll both create and implement a quality strategy for the team. As the quality owner for the team, you’ll set testing requirements with the product owners and engineers, holding them accountable to their commitments. You will use data to improve the efficiency and effect of quality development systems, preventing defects from being created. You will guide the implementation of static, dynamic, verification, and validation testing processes. You will test the software’s functionality, performance, reliability, supportability, and usability. With player experience at the forefront of your mind, you’ll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions.
- Know the users’ needs for different tools, understanding different user profiles, and representing those users workflows through both verification and validation testing
- Drive creation, understanding, and execution of a team-level quality strategy
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Perform risk analysis to ensure smooth product releases
- Perform deep-dive investigations into issues and test technical implementations on tool workflows
- 3+ years of software QA experience needed
- Experience with strategic goal setting for QA
- Experience testing web or desktop applications
- Experience in testing applications related to art content creation (ie. software, tools, services)
- Comfortable working with a variety of technologies including desktop clients, hosted services, and 3rd party platforms
- Automated testing frameworks with scripting languages like Python
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).