Esports Product Lead, LoL Europe & MENA
As Senior Product Manager for League of Legends, you will guide the tactical and executional efforts of building a thriving competitive ecosystem for this title in Europe & MENA regions, which includes Europe, Turkey, Middle East and the Commonwealth of Independent states.
Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, product management skills, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards in amateur and professional levels. To create holistic, excellent experiences for players, fans and esports organizations, you will work with different partners and teams from our local teams of Publishing, Production, Broadcast, Business Development, League management and operations to the Global Esports team in Los Angeles.
You will report to the Director of Esports, Europe & MENA to align your product strategy with our overall esports strategy for the whole region. You will be based in Berlin, Germany and join a dedicated team of Rioters who are working on esports projects across multiple games: League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and our upcoming releases, such as League of Legends: Wild Rift. You will be committed to ensuring that Riot is the most player-focused game company in the world.
- Run the holistic product experience, P&L and strategy of new or current projects for League of Legends competitions in the region.
- In agreement with the Function Leads and other Product Leads, you will lead the product teams for each of the current properties we have: LEC, TCL, LCL, EM, and ERLs.
- Set the priorities and manage the roadmap of LoL products.
- Autonomously align different partners within Riot and external parties towards a shared vision and roadmap of the products.
- Work with external teams and vendors to ensure the esports experiences are tailored to each local market within the region.
- Maintain good understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry.
- 6+ years of product leadership experience in sports, tech, or entertainment; experience in online / offline esports competitions.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management or a related field, or equivalent experience with a solid project management background
- You know how to develop trusted relationships and achieve results through influence across organizations, senior leadership.
- Profound knowledge of the esports industry globally.
- Experience communicating a clear product strategy.
- You know how to accomplish deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups.
- Experience with the League of Legends game and its ecosystem.
- Experience organizing live events.
- You know how to accomplish deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups
- Experience with esports business from the league operator and pro team perspective.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!