Senior Director, Software Engineering - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0001088
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Director, you’ll direct cross-functional teams to create innovative content and better experiences for players around the world. You’ll take ownership of the multi-year planning and vision for one of Riot’s products, driving projects across the finish line with a keen eye for potential opportunity and risk.
As the Senior Director, Software Engineering on VALORANT, you will report to the Executive Producer, overseeing a large team of managers and engineers on a live AAA game. You will be accountable for all technical decisions and help shape the future of VALORANT.
- Directly manage a group of 4-7 Engineering Managers, coaching them, and holding them accountable to best practices and their growth plan
- Responsible for the entire engineering discipline within the project
- Partner with discipline and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
- Be accountable for the technical health of product and taking an active part in its implementation
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Champion your sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
- 15+ years of technology experience
- 10+ years as an Engineering Manager leading teams of engineers
- 5+ years of experience in game development
- 5+ year(s) in a director level position (managing managers) and guiding the direction and implementation of a game
- Experience recruiting candidates and growing an engineering team
- Experience participating in technical discussions such as technical design reviews and code reviews
- Experience with game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience leading large teams
- Knowledge of FPS games
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)