Sound Design Lead - VALORANT
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As a Lead Sound Designer for VALORANT, you will work with product owners, designers, artists and engineers to deliver exciting and engaging content for players. You will also manage external resources and vendors. This position does not involve music composition.
The Lead Sound Designer role lives within the Audio discipline. Lead Sound Designers are seasoned veterans in not only the craft of interactive game audio, but also the ability to inspire and mentor others.
- Collaborate with discipline leads of the product to identify and set audio objectives and timelines for the product
- Develop audio vision and strategy, ensuring all sound design content for the product is delivered
- Establish audio goals that align with the product goals, and communicate how the audio goals support the product's mission to leadership and team members
- Work with external partners and teams to ensure the appropriate process and pipeline is in place for effective collaboration.
- Run weekly reviews, audio playtests, feedback consolidation, to create high-quality audio experiences that players appreciate
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for features, systems, and other areas using competitive industry techniques and tools.
- Coordinate content delivery between multiple studios across the world in different time zones
- 5+ years experience developing sound for games
- Experience in management and outsourcing
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience, etc.).
- Experience with sound design tools (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments, etc) and techniques.
- Experience with sound design, voice over and music editing.
- Experience with voice over processing tools and techniques.
- Experience with audio middleware Wwise.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Worked with Reaktor and synthesizers
- Experience with music implementation
- Experience with shooter games
- Basic proficiency in Mandarin language
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games.
If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously. As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work.