Senior Software Engineer (Gameplay) - League of Legends, Modes
Job Id: REQ-0001222
Riot engineers bring knowledge in specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work across multiple domains. We work with modern and stable technology, creating solutions to overcome complex problems. We collaborate with other disciplines and teams to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Modes team under League's Player Immersion and Expression initiative, you will create new gameplay mechanics, increase sustainability for current rotating modes and develop tools and workflows that make it easier for designers and artists to create awesome experiences for our players. You will work as part of a diverse team consisting of artists, designers, engineers, producers, and QA. You will report to the Team Engineering Manager.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to design and implement new game modes for League of Legends.
- Identify and build system improvements to allow League of Legends to more sustainably maintain rotating game modes.
- Develop gameplay features and UI in the League of Legends game engine using C++.
- Develop tooling to support Artist and Designer authoring workflows.
- Collaborate with and provide mentorship to engineering, tech art, and tech design teammates in the gameplay space.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years professional experience using C++ in game development.
- Experience working with non-engineering collaborators to provide value.
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance problems in a real time graphical application.
- Experience with Python, Lua.
- Familiarity with building game content tools and pipelines.
- Knowledge of digital content creation tools such as Maya, Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Wwise.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).