Supervisor, Quality Assurance - VALORANT
As a Supervisor, QA, you will manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with software engineers, content developers, artists, and producers to create value for players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policies to develop the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set your teams up for success. Additionally, you will partner with your team or Product leadership and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Supervisor, QA on the VALORANT team, you will help Riot lead testing and ongoing delivery of a live service AAA title. You will work directly with developers and leaders to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data and report on product quality. You will report to the Manager, QA for the project.
- Manage QA professionals on your team
- Hold teams accountable for upholding quality and player impact as a factor
- Identify and hire QA professionals to help teams scale
- Guide testing strategies throughout the software development life cycle
- Report on metrics using data to guide action
- Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation
- 4+ years Quality Assurance Experience with at least 1 of those leading QA teams
- 1+ year managing QA professionals
- Lead teams within game development
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience with strategic goal setting, tactical execution
- Experience working with remote testing teams
- Experience managing QA people and process in an embedded environment
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).